The story’s Setting is at Ruby Pier. On Eddie’s 83rd birthday, and unfortunately has become his death day too — Specifically at the ride called Freddy’s Free Fall wherein he’s about to save a little girl named Amy or Annie.
Joseph Corvelzchik — or the blue man, his blue skin is caused by drinking silver nitrate.
* “Strangers are just family you have yet to come to know”
* “No Life is a waste. The only time we waste is the the time we spend thinking we are alone.”
The Second Man:
the Captain — Eddie’s Captain during their stay in The Philippines.
* “i took your leg, to save your life”
* “sacrifice is a part of life. It’s supposed to be. It’s not something to regret. It’s something to aspire to. Little sacrifices. Big sacrifices. . .”
Ruby — Emile’s wife whom he named the carnival for.
* “Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.”
Marguerite — Eddie’s wife who died of tumor.
* “Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it. Life has to end. Love doesn’t.”
Tala — the filipina child whom Eddie saw when they burn the hut. She’s about 7 or 8 yrs old.
* “You Burn me. You make me fire.”
* “Push her legs. No pull. You push. Big thing fall. You keep her safe.”
* “my hands. I bring you to heaven. Keep you safe.”
For the complete Plot of the story, you can check it out at: